Masala Chaas is an appetizer as well as a summer coolant that is consumed across the length and breadth of our country. Chaas has been widely recommended in Ayurveda, as it aids digestion and cools our body heat. This healthy drink is made by combining curd (dahi) and various herbs.
- Chilled yogurt ½ cup (dahi)
- Green chili 1 chopped
- Ginger grated – 1 teaspoon
- 4-5 Curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
- ¾ teaspoon Black salt (kala namak)
- ¾ teaspoon Chaat masala
- Salt as per taste
- Water (2 cups)
- Take yogurt in a bowl. Add chopped green chili, coriander leaves, curry leaves, grated ginger, black salt, chaat masala and salt.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend them well.
- Now add water and blend again.
- Pour it into the glass and serve chilled
- Garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves.
DCN TIPChaas always tastes better when it is cold. One can prepare and keep chaas in the refrigerator and serve to guests. It is a healthier alternative to readymade drinks and juices.