Tomato Shorba is light and easy on your stomach and helps enhance digestion of food. It is recommended during monsoon and winters as it works against flu infections or any inflammations.
- 4 Medium tomatoes
- 4 Cup water
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Small cube of ginger
- 5-6 leaves of curry or basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon mix of cumin (Jeera) and mustard seeds
- 1 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil/ Desi ghee
- ½ Teaspoon sugar
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper
- ½ Teaspoon of Chili flakes
- Pinch of hing
- Pressure cook the tomatoes along with onion, ginger, garlic, water and salt. Give it around 5-6 whistles.
- Once the mixture cools down, blend it.
- Then sieve the shorba with the help of a soup strainer.
- In a hot pan add oil, hing and the mix of cumin and mustard seeds. Once the seeds start to splutter, add curry/basil leaves and chili flakes.
- Now add this tempering to the sieved soup along with sugar. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of black pepper and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
DCN TIPOne can add a little of whole wheat pasta and some cheese to give it an interesting twist for the kids.