An interesting soup which is a complete meal. A perfect example of a meal in a bowl! Healthy and heart-warming with robust flavours, fresh vegetables and brown rice.
- 1 cup soaked soya granules.
- 2 tbsp. salted oats.
- 4 tbsp. steamed brown rice.
- 4 cups water.
- ½ cup pureed tomatoes.
- ½ cup finely chopped mushrooms.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- ½ cup chopped red,yellow bell peppers and green capsicum.
- 1 cup chopped spinach.
- ½ cup zucchini, diced.
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil/desi ghee.
- fresh coriander or basil leaves.
- In a pan add oil and sauté garlic and onions till light pink in colour.
- Add tomato puree and stir for a few minutes.
- Then add all the other chopped vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Also add the soaked soya granules.
- Add the 3 cups of water or vegetable stock.
- Stir in the cooked brown rice.
- Cook until the rice starts getting consistent with the soup.
- Add salted oats with along with 1 cup of water.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or basil leaves
- Serve it hot.