This salad serves a blast of nutrients, it is not only rich in vitamin B12 and proteins, but is an excellent source of many minerals like copper, magnesium, calcium and phytonutrients.
The egg yolk provides the essential fatty acids for proper absorption of all the nutrients in our body.
- 3 Hardboiled egg whites and 1 egg yolk
- 1 Table spoon ground sesame seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of honey
- ¼ Teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ Teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ Teaspoon of oregano
- ½ Small chopped onion
- 1 Chopped cucumber
- ½ Chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 Chopped tomato
- 3-5 Fresh lettuce leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- In a large bowl place the lettuce leaves, add onions, tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumber on the leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix sesame seeds, vinegar, mustard, honey, chill flakes, oregano, salt and black pepper to prepare the dressing for salad.
- Pour half of the dressing to the bowl with vegetables.
- Layer the salad with cut hardboiled eggs and add rest of the dressing.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve fresh.
DCN TIPEggs are a good source of Vitamin B12. This salad is beneficial in tackling B12 deficiency. For creating variation in the same recipe and according to the availability of seeds at home, one can change the type of seeds included to flax or pumpkin seeds.