This is a fun and tasty way of including sprouts in one’s diet. It is healthy, tasty and provides good amounts of protein and fibre. Suitable for everyone, at any time of the day and in any season. Specially recommended for diabetics.
- ½ cup kala chana sprouts
- 3 tomatoes – pureed
- 1 cube ginger (optional) grated or chopped
- 1onion – chopped
- 4-5 pods garlic – chopped
- 4 cups of water
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste (Try rock salt/ sendha namak)
- Black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- In a pressure cooker take some oil. When it gets hot, add the jeera and then the chopped garlic.
- When the garlic turns brown, add the ginger. Saute it and then add the chopped onion. Let it cook.
- Once the onion too turns brown, add the pureed tomatoes. Keep stirring on slow flame till it cooks well. Add the salt and black pepper to it.
- Once done add the sprouts and the water. Close the lid and give it two whistles.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
One can puree the sprouts to add to the soup. This makes for a nutritious meal for babies 9 months above and also the elderly.
One can add daal sprouts too, to the soup for variation.
Do not cook the sprouts too much, otherwise they would lose their nutrition.