This nutty salad, dressed with hung curd would provide the necessary fiber, minerals and essentials nutrients while you are fasting for Navratri.
- ½ cup hung curd
- ½ Carrot- finely chopped
- 1 Cucumber- finely chopped
- ½ Pomegranate
- 1 Apple- finely chopped
- 1 Walnut (Akharot)- crushed
- 2 Dried Fig (Anjir)- cut in small pieces
- 2 Almonds- crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare the hung curd:
- Take 1 cup curd and put it in a fine strainer, place it on a bowl.
- Transfer the bowl and the strainer in the refrigerator till the time the curd looses the extra water in the bowl. The consistency should below become thick and pasty in texture while still being in the strainer.
- Transfer the hung curd from the strainer into a fresh bowl.
Method for making the salad:
- Add all the ingredients cucumber, carrot, apple, walnut, dried figs, almonds, pomegranate, black pepper and salt into the hung curd and mix it well.
- Have it cold.