This is an easy to concoct recipe whenever you want to make something different for a beverage. It provides good amounts of protein, potassium, calcium, fibre and omega 3 in a glass.
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- 1 whole walnut
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- 2/3 cup ice cubes
- Place the banana, yoghurt and ice in a blender and puree for 30 seconds.
- Add the walnut and flax seeds along with honey and blend them all in a single pulse motion.
- Serve immediately.
- One can add chia seeds to the smoothie to increase the nutrition quotient.
- This recipe uses banana, you are welcome to experiment with any other fruit also.