Tofu, also called bean curd, has gained popularity over the years especially as a vegetarian and vegan source of protein. It is derived from soya milk and given its neutral taste and range of consistency, has an amazing ability to work with almost all types of flavours and foods. You are sure to like this recipe…do try!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 Person
- 100 gm Tofu-roasted on a non-stick pan
- ½ Apple finely chopped
- 1 Cucumber chopped
Tomato salsa dip
- 2 Medium red, ripe tomatoes-chopped
- ¼ Cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ Cup white onion diced
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (cumin seeds powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Method for making the salsa dip:
- Cut tomatoes into halves and remove the seeds. Chop them into 6-8 big pieces.
- Chop onion and coriander leaves. Remove the stem and the seeds from a chilli and cut it into 4 pieces. Finely chop the garlic clove.
- Add diced onion, garlic and chilli in the jar of a food processor or in the chopping bowl of a blender.
- Add diced tomato and coriander leaves.
- Add ground cumin and salt. Pour lime juice over it.
- Process them until you achieve a medium chunky texture. You may blend them according to the choice of salsa you want to make-mild chunky or medium chunky.
- Tomato salsa is ready.
- Take 100 gm of tofu and roast on a non-stick pan.
- Cut the cubes of tofu once cold.
- Refrigerate tofu cubes with chopped apple, cucumber and tomato salsa for atleast 30 mins to enhance the flavours.
- Serve cold.