This chaat is not just tasty but also keeps you full for a longer period and provides a great combination of fiber, minerals, vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates. It is a perfect solution to mid-day meals to curb hunger along with upgrading the nutritional intake for the whole day.
EXCELLENT REPLACEMENT OF BHELPURI WHICH IS FULL OF FRIED NAMKEEN
- 1 diced cucumber
- ½ chopped tomato
- ½ chopped capsicum
- ½ apple / pear/ guava
- 1cup roasted grains like chana,bajra, jowar, puffed wheat
- Chopped coriander
- Chopped green chilies – to taste
- A pinch of salt – only if the grains are unsalted
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients.
- Toss well and add salt as per taste.
- Add the lemon juice and garnish with coriander.
DCN TIPIn case you are not able to find other roasted grains, then any single grain or only chana is equally beneficial.
Carry the dry roasted grain mixture and the salad separately to work. Mix them whenever you feel the hunger pangs in between the meals. You have an instant, healthy snack at hand. Also, it prevents the grains from becoming soggy. (happens when they are pre-mixed for long hours)