Wholesome breakfast dish which also doubles up as an evening snack or meal. This is a healthier twist to the otherwise well known versions of chilla we are familiar with.
GOOD SOURCE OF PROTEIN AND EXCELLENT OPTION FOR HEART and DIABETIC PATIENTS.
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1 tbs. ragi
- 1 tbs. Suji
- ½ cup curd
- Chopped onion
- ½ bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tomato
- Salt-according to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Green chilies- 1 finely chopped
- Ginger chopped- very little
- Take a bowl. Mix oats, ragi, Suji and curd in it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In this batter add coriander leaves, green chilies, chopped ginger, salt and a little water, if required.
- Ensure you get a smooth batter, whose consistency is neither too hard nor too runny. It should be like that of an idli batter.
- Prepare chilla on a non-stick tawa with tomatoes, onions and bell peppers on top of it.
- Serve it hot with green chutney.