Pumpkin or kaddu ki kheer is prepared in various parts of India during festivities and also for consumption during fasting. Delicious and nutritious, it satiates our need for a dessert during Navratri.
Serves – 2
- 100-150 gm pumpkin
- ½ litre milk
- 4-5 almonds
- 2 tbsp honey/ brown sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into big cubes.
- Steam till soft and mash well.
- Grind almonds with ¼ cup of milk into a smooth paste.
- Boil the remaining milk.
- Add sugar and almond paste to the milk.
- Keep stirring till the sugar dissolved.
- Add pumpkin, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder.
- Mix well and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool and keep in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.