Patient shows the probability of vitamin B12 deficiency in body due to the following –
- Regular intake of antacids -These interfere with the absorption of vitamin B12.
- Less intake of animal products in daily diet – Eggs, dairy and its products, meat, fish are good sources of Vitamin B12.
|CBC||Blood Sugar and Hba1c||S. Vitamin B12|
|S. Vitamin D3||Thyroid Profile||Lipid Profile|
INDICATIONS FROM THE BLOOD PROFILE TESTS:
- Low levels of vitamin B12.
- High levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Patient is in the prediabetic stage.
DIET RECOMMENDED BY DCN:
- Diet rich in eggs, low fat dairy and its products, fortified cereals.
- Increase the intake of folic acid.
- Limited intake of cruciferous vegetables and no soya or its products in the diet to manage the symptoms of thyroid.
- Limit the sources of animal fat to manage high cholesterol and triglyceride levels (butter, ghee, egg yolk) and add Omega3 and 6 rich foods.
- Consumption of a minimum of 3 litres of water every day.
- Include 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables, in combination every day.
- Breakfast: Milk with cereals/toast/poha /oats /vegetable chilla and 2 egg whites.
- Mid morning: Fruit with flax seeds.
- Lunch: Multigrain chapatti , vegetable, curd and salad.
- Evening: 1 Cup milk with cinnamon powder and 1 serving of roasted grains/ ½ fruit with low fat cottage cheese / herbal tea with 1 walnut and ½ fruit.
- Dinner: Vegetable porridge /toast with sauteed vegetables/sprouts with soup / soup with low fat cheese and salad.
RESULTS AFTER 1 MONTH OF DIET PLAN AND 45 MINUTES OF WALK, 6 DAYS A WEEK
- Client lost 4.2 kg weight in 1 month.
- Improvement in the symptoms of numbness, fatigue and joint pain.
- She stopped consumption of medicines for acid reflux and pain killers.
- Blood profile levels showed normal results after 2 months when repeated.