Flax seeds are a rich source of plant based Omega 3 fatty acids along with soluble fiber. The benefits of consuming flax seeds are innumerable. This dry powder chutney is made from roasted flaxseeds and is an easiest way to include them in your daily meals.
This is a navratri version of a widely popular Maharastrian recipe. This chutney can be added as a seasoning to salads also.
- 4 tbsp flax seeds
- 15-20 roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp red chilies powder
- Dry roast the flax seeds along with the sesame seeds in a pan on low flame. Keep a lid handy as while roasting as these seeds pop on heating. Just lightly roast for 5 minutes and stir in between to prevent burning.
- Dry roast the peanuts.
- Let all the ingredients cool down before transferring them to a dry mixer grinder.
- Add the red chilies powder and grind the ingredients to a fine powder.
- Transfer into a serving bowl or a container for future use.
- One can add garlic to it for regular use.
- The amount of powdered red chili can be adjusted as per one’s taste preferences.
- Since it is a dry chutney it can be stored in an air-tight container for any time use.